Sport psychology offered by CSS is an interdisciplinary science that draws on knowledge from many related fields including Biomechanics, Exercise physiology and Psychology. It involves the study of how psychological factors affect performance and how participation in sport and exercise affect psychological and physical factors.In addition to instruction and training of psychological skills for performance improvement, applied sport psychology includes work with athletes, coaches and parents regarding injury, rehabilitation, communication, team building, and career transitions.
- Issues and techniques of sport specific psychological assessment and mental skills training for performance enhancement and participation satisfaction
- Clinical and counseling issues with athletes
- Organizational and systemic aspects of sport consulting
- Developmental and social issues related to sport participation
- Bio behavioral bases of sport and exercise (e.g., exercise physiology, motor learning, sports medicine)