M.Sc. Sports and Exercise Psychology
The M.Sc. Sports and Exercise Psychology program aims to equip graduates with skillsets to serve as high quality sports psychology professional in the sports industry. Students will be trained in evidence-based practices to demonstrate performance enhancement in competitive sports through sports psychology service delivery. Graduates from this program will be proficient in assessing athletes/client needs, designing appropriate strategies to best achieve sports culture and quality of life.
- Candidates will be trained at the Centre for Sports Science, SRIHER, a premier sports science centre in India that has collaboration with international universities including UK and Australia
- Centre for Sports Science (CSS) in the university the only centre in India accredited by Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and International Cricket Council (ICC)
- CSS is the approved centre of excellence for SAI, Govt. of India and houses the Khelo India academies for Rowing, Weightlifting and Shooting. CSS is a recognized centre of excellence for Government of Tamilnadu (SDAT) and Kerala (DYSA)
- Students will get exposure in different sports
- Clinical rotation for hands on Training at various sports academies attached to CSS and outside
- Opportunities to work and travel with teams
Following completion, graduates will be equipped with the theoretical and practical skills to pursue a career with sports teams, government and private sports organisations, sports medicine centres, and sports science academic institutions in India and around the world. They can pursue higher research studies to become sought after academicians and researchers.
The M.Sc. graduate in Sports and Exercise Psychology will
- Develop competencies to functionally assess psychological concerns within sports & exercise setting
- Provide evidence-based interventions towards performance enhancement and injury prevention
- Independently pursue research within sports and exercise domain
- Support athlete/client in injury rehabilitation context
- Nurture quality of life and sports culture in the country
- Demonstrate multi-cultural sensitivity in professional practice
- Demonstrate professional conduct and adhere to professional ethics and principles
Candidates holding undergraduate degree in Psychology, Sports & Exercise Science, Physical Education from any University recognized by the UGC in regular mode with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
The duration of M.Sc. Sports and Exercise Psychology Degree Program shall be two academic years comprising 4 semesters under CBCS – Full time mode of study. The minimum credits required for the Degree program shall be 90.
15 students per academic year
Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs only per year)