Master of Sports Physiotherapy - MPT (Sports)
The Faculty of Sports & Exercises Sciences introduces a two-year MPT (Sports Physiotherapy) Degree programme. This interdisciplinary programme is designed to meet the increasing demands highly skilled sports physiotherapists in the country. The course provides a strong theoretical foundation in vital core and elective subjects together with extensive hands on training on and off the field of sports. The course provides a unique perspective to students who seek international standard, competency based curriculum to become a successful sports physiotherapist.
To produce sports physiotherapists skilled in the competencies framed by International Federation of Sports Physical Therapists (IFSPT) including:
- Injury Prevention
- Acute intervention
- Performance Enhancement
- Promotion of a Safe, Active Lifestyle
- Life-Long Learning
- Professionalism and Management
- Research Involvement
- Dissemination of Best Practice
- Extending Practice through Innovation
- Promotion of Fair Play and Anti-Doping Practice
- First MPT programme in India with International curriculum in alignment with International Federation of Sports Physiotherapy
- First MPT programme in India to be offered in a modern blended mode with a mix of Face to Face and Online learning
- Collaboration with universities in UK and Australia
- Students get to choose their area of interest (different sports offered as elective subjects)
- Clinical rotation for hands on Training at various sports academies attached to CSS and outside
- Opportunities to travel with teams
Following completion, graduates will be equipped with the theoretical and practical skills to pursue a career with sports teams, government and private sports organisations, sports medicine centres, sports science academic institutions in India and around the world.
Candidate should have passed the BPT from any University recognized by the UGC in regular mode with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or B+ Grade.
10 students per academic year
Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs Fifty Thousand per year)