Centre for Sports Science (CSS)
The availability of a world class facility for scientific training of sportspersons in India has been a long cherished dream. The idea for developing such a specialised facility for Sports testing and training was born when Prof. Tim Noakes from South Africa visited India and a historical collaboration between Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute (Deemed to be University) and the University of Cape Town began in both the academic and research front. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute (Deemed to be University) thus entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with University of Cape town, South Africa and proceeded to build a world class facility for sports sciences.
CSS is the brainchild of Prof.S.Arumugam who has the unique distinction of having specialised in both medicine and surgery with American Board Diplomate in Internal Medicine and M.S degree in Orthopaedics along with an Honorary FRCS award from the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow.
CSS will nurture Sports and Physical Activity of Indian Sportspersons and general public and enhance their performance and health through Acquisition, Application and Dissemination of Science through specialised Educational, Research and Training.
- Be a pioneer and hub of Research - Exercise Science and Sports Medicine
- Disseminate and apply this knowledge through related world-class services
- Provide teaching and training of the highest standards
- To spread the knowledge of sports medicine in the country
- To advance the sports related medical care to athletes through research
- To provide world class services to our athletes